Radio Working Again

Guest Dynaflo2

Guest Dynaflo2

I've had my '51 Roadmaster for nearly 10 years. Since it falls behind things like bills, food, and KEEPING THE GIRLFRIEND HAPPY, it has necessarily been a slow process getting things done that I don't feel comfortable doing myself. That pretty much means anything more significant than washing or waxing. wink.gif A bit more than a year ago, I bought a radio on eBay. It didn't work but I figured between it and the non-working radio in my car, I'd end up with something that worked. My next problem was where to get the radio work done. I found a place that is local to me here in Columbus, Ohio. I can't say enough good things about C&C Electronics. They did a bang-up job on the radio and helped me with my other problems in getting the radio to work in the car. It turns out that not only was my orignal radio broken, but the antenna wire was shot, too! Sounds like a minor problem, but with the center-mounted antenna on the '51 Roadie, there was some surgery to be done.

C&C's main niche is restoring old juke boxes...Wurlitzers, Seeburgs, and more. They know just about EVERYTHING! They also like doing the old tube-style radios like I have. They not only fixed my radio, but spent way more time than they had to with me on the antenna wire problem. (I learned all about what's above the headliner in my car.) Anyway, the main reason for this post is to recommend the guys at C&C. With Winter coming on, if you are going to be pulling an old radio to have it ready for Spring, you won't go wrong with these guys. I am not associated with them in any way, except that I am a very happy customer. They are: C&C Electronics / 1230 Courtland Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43201. 614-297-0150.