startred the teardown

----

Hey everyone. <BR>Started tearing down my engine after my #2 cylinder decided to be a coolant resovoir, and am not liking what I am seeing. <P>First I pulled the plugs. Of course #2 was soaked but #8 was bent, like it had been hit by something, say the pistion?? <P>Keep going, distributor is seiezed into engine... soak in penetrating fluid for 24 hours to remove, and still is a pain. <BR>Hook up some air pressure to #2 cylinder, leakes into cooling system at less then 10 psi. <BR>Drained system, removed all the hoses and everything else in the way of getting the heads, intake, etc off. Start on the exaust manifolds. Of course there are 2 that break and two that are rounded off, yippie!!<P>Anyways, to the point, there was coolant on the threads of the exaust manifold bolt for the #2 cylinder, so do you guys think I'm looking at a cracked head, vs. a blown head gasket? I just can't wait to see that when i get to it mad.gif" border="0 I can't see the bolt going through a collant passage so what else could it be... confused.gif" border="0

ok got the head off now, see that exaust bolt at front of block does go into coolant passage. the gasket is all cracked beside the leaking cylinder but the metal ring is intact, but looks a wee bit out of round where the gasket material was all cracked. was this the leak. i hope so! now to get the other head off and get some new gaskets. <P>oh, should i get this heads checked for cracks just in case?, what's the cost of that kinda thing?