Packards are alive and well

WCraigH

Recent posts only validate the "hobby" of restoring and driving our beloved Packards is alive and well. For that, I and I'm sure many others, even outside this DF are very grateful.

The interchange on this DF is superb, putting aside the minor distractions.

Now my idea for a new thread: The purpose of this thread is to encourage those posters and lurkers to post a reply to cite where this DF has been particularly helpful in their own endeavor to restore, complete a project or maintain an existing Packard. The point being that, with this kind of feedback (and I know there are a lot of lurkers and infrequent posters out there), we, as a group, may be encouraged to start other useful threads (e.g, PackardV8's 55-56 Xref) or other website related info (TurboPacMan's Packard Engineering Discussion Group), my own website and Las Vegas Paul's 56 Exec project.

Who "woulda thunk' it that there was this much stuff going on in the world of Packards, almost 50 years now defunct?

this forum has been very helpful in so many ways, it been able to help me bring my car into 21 century, through the use of the intternet, but where will our cars be in just 20 years? will there be a topic on how to to retro-fit our cars to use fuel cells or run on hydrogen ? the use of advanced technogy and natural reasources will govern our lives to some degree, i hope that the goverment does not step in and ban our hobby or put restictions on the use of our cars take care joe

It would be hard to know where to begin in listing all the help I've received from this forum. Let's see: First Craig, BH, have been very helpful in answering questions, even when they seem naive. The guy I bought my Exec from had purchased a power antenna unit from Craig but hadn't installed it. I did and now works perfectly. You'd think with the height of the antenna you'd be able to pick up Moscow! But one of favourite things about the forum are the threads of Packards in Movies, and stories of people's personal experiences. Also following the progress of Craig and Paul in Nevada and Tom with his great green '53 (I think). The 55/56 thread is great too. As I said probably too much to mention, but thanks to all who make it what must be the best forum at AACA. Fred