improveing and modifing packards

joe kastellic

i will modify and improve my car (56 clipper) for 1). to improve the reliabity factor. 2) increase the safety factor through modern use of parts and technology that is available to me. the use of radial tires improves handling, and adds to an already great ride. the use of hylogen lights improves my vision on a dark road. the use of disc. brakes that can make the difference between having an accident ,and no damage to me or my car! the use of 1-wire alternator for more reliable way to keep my battery charged and trouble free. electronic ignition to improve the driveability and reliability and performance. electric wipers for better vision and relibility. i will only add upgrades that will help eliminate down time and increase FUN TIME.

Guest Randy Berger

Joe, Welcome to the Packard forum.

Were you at Warren, Ohio Packard museum in July? I talked with an

enthusiastic fellow who had a lot of good automotive knowledge -

didn't have to explain everything to him twice. Was that you?

I was there with my green and white 56 400.

By the way next years show is scheduled for July 21 - 24.

YFAM, Randy Berger

hi brain, thanks for helping me with the tech. end of the forum, i think i have met you at a studebaker function in the past, i think my freind bill introduced me to you. bill by the way thinks very highly of you when it comes to knowledge about PACKARD motor cars and the amount printed materials that you have aquired over the years. i hope we can both take our cars to the next level of perfection, though the use of this forum. take care joe ps. by the way bill is very happy with the up-grades i have installed on his car.