71 Riviera stuff

I am still looking for a NOS 1971 Riviera rear trunk emblem (RIVIERA by Buick) and a pair on NOS door handles, genuine Buick complete. Anybody out there able to help the old buickman?

Where are you from? Kansas, Colorado, Montana, maybe Texas, places like that may have the kind of parts I want. I've seen parts from out there that look like NOS in the East. I want the chrome sparkling enough so I don't have to use a replater. A lot of my chrome isn't pitted, but it is "webby". It's good enough to plate, but I don't know a plater anymore that I trust to do the work. The door handles are hard to take apart and put back together, the ornament is too fragile, and the front side marker lights are delicate. I have the side marker lights that light up when the turn signals are put on. I'm interested in any NOS 71 boattail Riviera parts/chrome I don't already have.

I have the big peice under the ft bumper that holds the parking lights with a fresh rechrome job. It came with a car that I bought. But My other peices are probably not good enough for your car. If offered enough I would sell that peice. Or Find me that 3.91 Im looking for and I'll Make a real deal for you<BR>Ed

Thanks a lot Ed, but as it turns out, I have that piece NOS, and all other front and back bumper pieces have been re-chromes, EXCEPT the U-shaped bumper guard piece in the middle where the tag goes. This piece off the parts car was too bad to plate. We have to take apart the old front bumper to get that piece to plate. I'd welcome a replated piece to avoid that trouble.

These guys specialize in classic car dismantling and they may also know of other yards in the area that have boattail parts.<P>Memory Lane <BR>11311 Pendleton st <BR>Sun Valley CA 818-504-3341<P>I am going strictly by memory on the name of this yard, but I think it is the one who sold me a complete frame from a 72 Riv and delivered it for $350. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask if they have any boattails.<P>Miller's Auto Parts 12055 Branford st Sun Valley 818-890-1414

Thanks Tom's River <BR> I'll make contact with Miller's and see if they can help.<BR> When I worked on '39s and '41s only I could count on NOS parts to turn up somewhere, but it's a whole new scene with a '71. No dealers seem to have ever been stuck with NOS stuff in those later years.<BR> Thanks again, BCA #55