Sportwagon bumper vs. Skylark

Is a 64-65 Sportwagon rear bumper the same as a Skylark coupe/sedan? I always thought they were different. The reverse lenses are located in the bumper on the wagon and the corners seem a bit different. The real weird thing is that on my 64 wagon the license plate flips down as if it were the fuel door-there is even a hole for it-but all wagons take their gas on the drivers side rear quarter! So what's up with that?

Well now you got me thinking...while its is a fact that the bumpers are completely different...the wagon has a totally different contour in the rear, much more flat at the tailgate between the tail lights...but I don’t think my plate holder flips down...I have (3) 65's and will look at each of them? Glen Biggers

Greg, I am going to try and upload pics of the bumper on a Skylark coupe and Wagon so you can see the difference. <BR>I hope this helps,<BR>Mark<BR> EOMcA1VNGUd4rzv3uW2AOlXpY3t+6AaL0180.jpg <P><BR> BE7Hf7B6A6QSfhODiIjil9588yOSsRQ60180.jpg<p>[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: dcm422@aol.com ]

Yeah-That's what seemed weird to me as well. Even if the flip down was put on later-why the hole behind if as if it were a gas door? This wagon is a 64 early production car so maybe the gas door got moved from the bumper to the quarter panel late in the design process? Just an idea. Glen; Do you have any good sources for interior rear trim pieces such as the side slats between the vista and rear glass. Also headliner caps that seperate the front liner from the rear? I need 'em if ya got 'em. thanks GH

I checked my 65 SportWagon(s) and it is as shown above (plate bolts directly to the bumper). Also have a 64 special 2dr sedan and it has the standard opening for the rear filler.<BR>Which trim parts are you referring too? The plastic or the metal? I don't have a complete set but "may" have a few extra pieces. It took (3) cars for me to get a good complete set for the inside of my car. Glen