Heater control knobs

dadswildcat

Does any one know how to remove the cilmate temp control knobs on a 1963 wildcat? They are slide switchs. It looks like there is a release on the back of the knob. Is it a push release or is a allen screw? I am also missing one, I need to purchase one are there any out there? I need some help. Thanks

Great!! Let me know. Now I have another problem. I took apart the climate controls today and I have the temp. control lever is broken. The actual lever has snaped at some time in the years. Does anyone know where I can get the heater controls for a 1963 wildcat ( Riviera is the same). It comes out in one big piece and it sit just above the radio. I really dont know how to discribe it. This car and restoration is new to me. Any help would appericiated

Well I found the knob you wanted.

Dose your car have air conditioning? There will be a large temp. control knob in the center of the control panel. If you have A/C, I have a complete panel for an A/C car, no broken parts. You may have to replace the control wire, these froze from rust or dirt and too much pressure on the control knob will break the control arm. When you take it apart check the control wire to see if it is free. I had a lot of trouble on my 63 with the arms breaking, especially in cold weather.

Jim Schilf

palbuick