71 riviera engine casting #s

im having trouble finding the engine code on the block of my riviera. cleaned all around the 5 and 7 intakes and cant find any TR or TA of any sort. only numbers i can find are the firing order and the intake casting... B 1236403. anyone know where else i might look? or, in case the engine was swapped to a near year where else an engine code might be? <BR>i was sold the car as a GS. had the emblems on the side and the chrome air cleaner, but didnt have the posi rear the guy told me it had. (didnt do the wheel spin test for a few months after i got it).<BR>i might be selling it soon and dont want to sell as a gs model if it isnt. <BR>would like to at least tell the buyer if it had the beefed up engine or not... TR vs TA code?<BR>guy i got it from was a hot rodder / mechanic type, so i wouldnt put any part swapping past him. (and im not really complaining... car is fast and sturdy as all hell), id just like to know what the heck i got here.<BR>any help will be much obliged.<BR>thank you

i just found the block casting numbers... 1231738, so i know its a 71 (or late 70) block.<BR>anyone know of any other way to tell if its a gs optioned engine?