Pertronix Ignitor

Jyrki

Some years ago I purchased an Ignitor Kit for my straight-8, but didn't need it until now. The dealer sold me an ML-181 kit for a Mallory distributor. Now, I was wondering about the orientation of the "black box" in relation to the magnets in the sleeve? What is the correct height of the module in relation to the sleeve? How about sidewise, is the "receiver" centered in the module?<BR>Thanks for any info,<BR>Jyrki

I'll try this... The blackbox/ignitor unit sits where it's keyed to. The ring gets mounted from the underside of the weights/rotor. Makes putting the rotor on a lil tough imho as you have to line everything up and put the nuts on. They should sit horizontal to each other with a gap no greater then .08 I think. Measure the low and high side of the unit as it does sit at an angle. Use a feeler gauge, it helps. heh There should be little play in the shaft end, if there is to much play, insert the washer to fix it. As I recall when I did mine I left it with a gap of .04 I think and it works great. This was all based on my install of the Ignitor II unit, the original Ignitor module may be different. Hope I was able to help somewhat. If all else fails, you can call Pertronix via their 800 number, they're quite nice about helping ya out.