WINDSHIELD WASHER..........

Guest trevor ward

Guest trevor ward

I really need some advice on what my '64 le sabre came with from the factory, as regards the bottle,or bottles that hold the washer fluids confused.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0 At present there is a nippondenso bag hanging on the firewall, but this cannot be right can it??? I think it is supposed to be a bottle on the driver side inner fender but i am guessing rolleyes.gif" border="0 So come on you lot, my resto is nearing completion and i want to get stuff like this as "correct" as possible. If anybody can offer, or point me towards pics of a suitable engine compartment , then this would speak volumes. We live in hope!!!!! grin.gif" border="0 <P> '64 le sabre resto,almost done grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0 <P> TREVOR.................

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

I have not seen Buicks with any of those plastic bags. I think those bags were from Chrysler products from the early '60's.<P>The buick would most likely have either a glass jar, or a plastic resovior.<P>I'm not sure when they stopped using glass.<P>Scott Mich<BR>Assistant Director<BR>Chicagoland Chapter<BR>1955-76C<BR>1986 Century<BR>1959 Olds SS-88<BR>1978 Pontiac Bonneville Brougham

There should be two, one plastic container for the washer fluid, and one triangular glass botle for the washer concentrate. I am not sure of the location of the plastic container, but the glass bottle should be in the front of the inner fender, opposite of the battery side, if you look closely you may see two small holes for the mounting backet screws, if no holes there will be two small dimples in the sheet metal, this is the location for the triangular glass bottle.<BR>If you need a glass bottle I have a couple of dozen bottles with repro labels and repro caps, and brackets.<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com

Guest trevor ward

Thanks guys, for the info so far, and it has been very helpful. as i thought a jap bag has no place in my '64 and also as i suspected, there are TWO bottles. Now, i have gleaned a '64 engine bay pic from a car that was on e.bay a while ago and i can see the glass triangular bottle that Jim speaks about and it seems that CARS sell the plastic bottle with the cranked tube coming out of the top, which is installed up nearer the firewall, and this leads me to my next question?? confused.gif" border="01, Are the two bottles connected in any way (i'd have thought so!)and 2, as this pesky nippondenso bag has the little electric pump installed in it, where does the "propper" electric pump go?? I figure it must go up nearer the plastic bottle, but i wait to get educated grin.gif" border="0 <P> As far as your glass bottles go Jim, I would be keen to relieve you of one, so please post again, or e.mail me <P> THANKS BOYS......... smile.gif" border="0 <P> '64 resto...One step nearer!!

Hi Ward<BR>I think you should get yourself a shop manual for your car. There you will find pictures of the washer bottle and the washer pump, which is part of the windshield wiper motor assembly, And the locations of each.<BR>Washer bottles are $ 35.00 each, with label and cap, if you need bracket they are $ 10.00<BR>plus shipping. I might have a used plastic washer jar, will have to see. The glass bottle held a concentrate washer fluid, the plastic jar held the mixture to squirt onto the windshield.<BR>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com