34 DRXX Dodge. where to start?

scott voruz

My dad left me with a 34 two door 5 window coupe with a straight 6. It was his first car and wanted to restore it however never got the chance. I have made a personnal goal to finish the job. It is completely original with 87k miles. The question I have is where do start looking for parts for an old beast like this? I know I at least need a couple of rear drums but have no idea where to look.

Thanks for your assistance.

That is wonderful, Scott! I am sure the good people on this forum can help you. Also try the Dodge forums and the CCCA Forums. You have a treasure there, though it may not look it right now. While having an antique is certainly cool...having my father's first car (a 1948 Chrysler New Yorker Saratoga no less) would be awesome. Good luck with it!

As for parts, try eBay first. And get as many of the original manuals as you can. There are several third party publishers where you can get manuals, and many dealers all available on eBay.

One is Faxon. Shop manuals and body manuals are a huge help so start there.

Then there are other secondary papers like wiring diagrams and parts lists.

Hope that helps a little.

Guest imported_DodgerDave

Scott,

Check the Dodge Brothers Club web site as well as

the forum they have a buy and sell link for dodges

even if you don't find what you need on the link

there maybe someone with a simular vehicle as yours

and be able to help with your hunt. The club also

as a link to other links that maybe useful in your

search. If you join the club about $20.00 you will

get a news letter that has advertizers for parts to

the Dodge Brothers Vehicles. They cover 1914-1938

Dodges.

DodgerDave

Thanks for the info! I have posted on the Dodge Brothers Club (DBC), no bites yet. I will check out the CCCA next. I found a master maintenance manual yesterday which has a lot of good info to include a copy of a service bulletin that deals with a vapor lock problem that some have mentioned on the DBC.

I went to E-bay and set up a search for Dodge parts etc. which I was surprised to find quite a few.

One question I have is, is there places (dealers) that I can call that would have old parts such as rear wheel drums? I had seen the name of Baumans on the DBC and called them but he didn't want to just sell me the drums.

Thanks again.