T-Head Wisconsin

Guest imported_Paul Freehill

Jim,

I have casting patterns to make Wisconsin T head engines. I had them made in the early 1990,s to complete the restoration of a 1914 Stutz. I also have some orignal parts, they are for sale, are you interested?

Paul Freehill

StutzSpec@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...

Paul

Let me start by saying I am a lover of the Stutz Bearcat, my Great Uncle (The Play Boy of the family) drove his all over Oklahoma and Texas as a young man. I would love to restore a Bearcat, but that is not the case for now. What I am working on, are a 1914 and 1916 FWD. Both trucks have the T-head Wisconsin engine. These are two of four original trucks Earl P. Halliburton purchased from the Army at Fort Sill in 1929 (yep you guessed it, the Halliburton in the news). One is in running order and is used in parades and oil shows. The one I am working on is the one running. I don?t appear to have a head that is not cracked. We are planning to put new cylinders/heads and Aluminum pistons in both engines. I also want to balance the cranks, along with other modifications to make the engines more reliable. As for now we are trying to make it through Calgary then we will tear down the engine. We would be interested in any parts, new castings, manuals or patterns you have. I am attaching a picture of the unit I will have in the Calgary Stampede in July. Thanks Jim Pratt