Serial #s and Location--HC/KC Humpback Restoration

Guest DodgeKCL

Guest DodgeKCL

All seven digits in the old serial numbers are just sequential. Unlike to-days VIN numbers

they can not be decomposed to indicate engine,tranny,paint etc. But you're right a 9 million

number does mean Canadian production at Windsor Ont., now Chrysler Centre. All Chrysler

products in the 30s had their serial numbers on a plate on the passenger door jamb either

on the 'A' post or 'B' post about 6 inches up from the door threshold. It was black and silver

and said 'SERIAL NUMBER' in big letters with the actual number hand stamped into it. The

number is also stamped into the left frame cheek just to the rear of the left front spring.

The numbers are about 3/4" tall and the string of numbers is about 6 inches long. They are

usually found just about 1 inch up form the bottom of the frame face. It's been said that

the number is also 'over the gas tank' and 'on the rear arch of the frame kick up'. I have

not found this to be true. I believe this came much later. -----If you find a '33,'34 or '35

humpback sedan delivery for sale make sure it doesn't need any fenders or other large

sheet metal. There is none out there. Lots of plastic repros but no original metal, if you're

going for an authentic restoration. The mechanics are the same as a Plymouth or Dodge

car, the truck design was frozen on the small 6 cylinder '33 Dodge car for 3 years, so

drivetrain and chassis parts are plentiful. But you will have to repair the sheet metal.

Trust me.

• 10 years later...