Custom Tire Size, Fits Stock Rims!

TwinCamFan

Well my new toy needed some new shoes so in keeping with the every modification

should be an upgrade thoery, I did some research on tires available in 15"

Now if Mr Iaccoca and DeThomaso had seen fit to give us 6.5" rims instead of 6"

225 tires would have been an option but I have tried them on other 6" rims and

though they will fit, they make the car handle squirmy and wallowy. I found that

there is a single tire manufacturer that make s 215/55/15 tire (Kuhmo). What it translates to is 1/2 inch more width but since you are dropping from a 60 series tire to a 55 series, you get a slightly shorter sidewall (better for handling though not as plush of a ride) in this case only 1/10th of an inch, not enough to give the car a harsh feel. The Kuhmo Ecsta 711 tires are on sale right now at Tire rack for $50. each. They are ordinarily a $90-$100 tire.

Most of the major tire chains (like Tire America) will price match to Tire Rack's price, but them once you tack on shipping/mount/balence I think I got out the door for like $339. The TC LOVES IT"S NEW TIRES! They are a good match for the chassis and are within 1.4% of the correct rolling diameter, they will revolve 830 times in one mile verses 817 times for the stock 205/60/15, so they are just a hair smaller. Get em while they are on sale, no other manufacturer makes this size!