Nailhead TH400

Hi guys! Second post here. I'm just popping in to pick some brains and hopefully leave a little extra info in exchange for what I need to know. I have a '73 Jeep J4000 pickup (A couple years after the last Buick 350 was put in at the factory) Anyways, they used nailhead TH400 trannies with a 2" thick adapter up till '73 (some with the Buick 350 had a BOP adapter and some like mine had an AMC pattern adapter.) Anyways, I'm looking for another NH trans core to do up for my Jeep (close to Seattle preferrably), then I will have my old one for sale. (It has to be manually shifted to first gear and drops out of drive after driving on the highway for awhile.) Then I'm trying to do it up as a switch pitch as well. (By the way, Jag and Rolls Royce also used the same trans for awhile)

I was looking into doing a 4L80E conversion but it's way out of my price range. I tried to find a Jag version of the 4L80E (used with the V12s '93 to '97) because it looked like the older version from what I saw in photos. (It would have been a bolt in with my adapter, and also BOP adapters would fit it plus it would fit Nailheads as well) How's that for a little info bomb? <G>

PS: My last Buick was a '73 Le Sabre with 350/TH400 (It was that horrible grass green) and the one before that was a Century with 455.