Blank CRT screen

Guest williampierce

Guest williampierce

My daughter's screen went blank today while driving on the expressway. On trip away from home it blanked out for 5 minutes and then came back (25 minutes on the expressway). On the trip home, it blanked out for 5 seconds, came back for 2 minutes, and then blanked out for the remainder of the trip. Since she knew were the buttons were, she was still able to turn heater and radio off. Does this mean a new CRT is needed or is there a more simple fix?

I thank you in advance for your ideas,

Bill Pierce

Guest williampierce

This morning the CRT is working fine. Anyone have any history if this is the first indication the unit is going bad?

Bill

Guest imported_Geoff Fender

Bill, the CRT in my '89 did the same thing on and off. Then one day it quit all together. But like you said the buttons still worked, just no images. I ended up sending mine to a place called Rex Service in Worth, Illinois. I think the whole thing ended up costing about $150. Give them a call and see what they can do.

Rex Service

Guest williampierce

Geoff:

Thank you for the reply. The unit did go out completely, but I switched it with one in my other Reattas so she could get back to school. I appreciated the link to someone who can fix it. I will contact them when I have the spare funds.

Bill

I just got a 89 reatta. It has a lil over 150,000 k on it. But so far from what i seen, it runs desent. My screen does that too. But also wheni first crank it up in the morning, it wont come on, then after the car has been runnin for a lil while, it will come one. Anything what i might be able to do?

Raymond [color:\\"red\\"] mad.gif