4T60E swap

sahein

I was able to use what I believe(80%sure)to be an axle from a 95 Riviera. The axle was the correct length but the splines wouldn't fit into the reatta wheel hub. So the solution was to disassemble the outboard CV joints and use the axle, inner race, cage and balls from the Riv on the Reatta outer CV race. It fits perfect.

Guest Greg Ross

Congratulations Rob,

Good Stuff. I encountered the same situation getting the Getrag Install completed. Same solution. Hope you didn't have to buy OEM new-the Dealer price is outrageous, think I was quoted over $500. (and them's US Dollars too)What's the VSS PPM with 4T60?

When I bought the supercharged engine and transmission the axles came with it. The vss pulse rate on the 4t60e is twice the 440t4. 4000 pulses per mile vs 2000. Need to divide in half for everything except for my homemade trans controller.

Guest Greg Ross

You'll need a Dakota Digital VSS recalibrator module, I'll dig out the model number for you, at the time I was getting my correction organized last Spring they didn't even advertize it. It's a modification they produced to expand the ranges of correction possible on an existing module. As I recall the Tech Sheet ranges of correction could not be achieved and they offered to replace with the altered device. I'll pull the switch sequence for you as well for the module.

The Cars' ECM/ BCM does not like the off-speed data. In a word, confused!

What did you do about the location of the EGR?/ clash with the Dog Bone Strut? and which type EGR, pre or post '95?

A 2:1 digital divider should not be to hard to acheve with a simple logic circuit. But just incase; Where can the recalibrator modules be found?

I mounted the EGR to the drivers side of the dog-bone bracket. Then I used 1/2" copper fittings soldered together with silver solder wrapped with metal tape as insulation for the plumbing to the supercharger EGR inlet.

Guest Greg Ross

Go to;

Dakota Digital site

Click on "Assessories"

Click on "Speedo & Tach Interface"

Select "SGI-5" Module and you're half way there.

What they ended up providing me was the broader version SGI-5A $79.95 same price

I'd be quite surprised if your final drive ratio in the 4T60E is the same as the orig. tranny. Your 2 : 1 circuit will only get you as close as the difference in your FD ratio. You'll see in their conversion tables where this option of switches would put you, no doubt this won't be correct but the table will guide you in alternate switching to give you the correction from at least this starting point.

Install the SGI-5A as per directions and use "Output 3" and selector switching as follows;

Where up represents "on"

1 off

2 on

3 on

4 on

5 off

6 off

7 on

8 off

9 off

10 on