Steering arm

Hey Chrome, low is cool smile.gif" border="0 In 1996 I bought a 2" to 2-1/2" front drop kit for my 55 Special from Butch's Rod Shop, 2853 Northlawn Ave.in Dayton,Ohio, 45439. 513 298 2665. It worked quite well with 1 coil cut from springs and was low enough to look good. ( $50 + tax then ) smile.gif" border="0 For the rear I used 3" drop springs from Coil Spring Specialties, 632 W. Bertrand in St.Mary's, Ks. 66536 913 437 2266. They are rewound to 135% of stock for your car & the ride was very good.<BR>Thats just one way to solve the steering problem.

I'm visited Fatman fabrications site and saw that they had spindles that would lower my '49 more than 2 inches. Trouble is that I'd have to bend my steering arms, not good!<P>I'd like to know what other years steering arm would fit to my car, because I dont like to bend my originals without having spares if something would go wrong. So which year parts I could go and search?<P>Or should I just slice springs and leave everything as is? or should I use my Cutlass as front subframe. ( I don't like the idea altought it would be low and modern)<P>Reason why I'd like to do this is my engine swap. Cadillac 390 is lighter than my 320, Gassers ain't for me, low is cool smile.gif" border="0

I agree with uncle Pete. If you can get by with a one inch drop it would be a lot easier. My dad put a Fat Man Mustang II suspension on his 54 Studebaker and he says it was more trouble than it was worth (although he hasn't driven it yet). A lot of the parts didn't fit right and he had to reengineer things. The fact that they want you to bend your steering arms sounds like trouble. It would be hard to make them both even.

Uncle Pete does that Butch's Rod Shop have an email? I live in Finland so phoning there ain't practical smile.gif" border="0 My rearend is bit undecided yet, have already bought mid '70s Cutlass which to part out.<P>I don't know how much lighter is my Cadillac 390 compared to Buicks eight, but it must be so much that with that suspension frontend raises to uncomfortable heights, and I'm afraid of heights smile.gif" border="0

Hi Chrome, I will call Butch,s tommorrow and ask for e-mail address and send to you. Phone # changed to 937 area code if you end up calling.<BR>With that set up, it lowered car in front a good 3". ( 2" to 2.5" drop kit + 1 coil cut from springs )

Shame on me smile.gif" border="0<P>so many times I have visited Jyrki's link pages and still in my hollow head didn't ring a bell that there is everything I need.<P>Now my only trouble is so much to buy and too few bucks.