MOUTH FULL OF GAS...

Guest imported_SKYSTHELIMIT

On the electricity thing a while ago when I was in vo-tech a bunch of us started playing with high powered capacitors charging them up and welding them to the water fountains. I found a huge cap and cranked my power supply up to 400 volts dc. I don't know why for the life of me but I grabed the alligater clips with my bare hands and got the worst shock of my life. 400 volts right across the heart. Thank god it was only dc voltage or I would have been fried. My arms fell at my sides and I could not move them. They went completey numb. It took a half hour to get back to normal. Untill then I had to endure a slew of charlie horses from class mates who enjoyed giving me an @$$ whoopin while I could't fight back. Heck they could't hurt me though I was to numb to feel anything.

Guest Indiana_Truck

Frank,

Have we met?

I remember a guy I met in Chicago Ill. back in about 1985? that had a scar on his arm from that very thing. We were both in training for Combined Ins. Co. which turned out to be a joke I would rather forget. Could this have been you?

Bob

Guest Indiana_Truck

Thats him! Never forget that face. I still have the book they gave me. I think.

Never did finish reading it and never will. Maybe I could put it on eBay and get rich. Didn't make any money with them but they said I would make $100 / day. Sounded good back then. Haven't seen anyone from that company for a while so I don't know if they are still around.

(I think the face was plastic) grin.gif

Bob ~ I don't think it exists as a company anymore. It was "combined" into something else. For some reason I seem to think it is now AON Corp [or part of it], but I could be wrong.

hvs

Guest DeSoto Frank

Bob,

Not having been to Chicago, nor being involved in the insurance profession, I would have to say that was somebody else...

I was finishing-up high school near Baltimore in 1985... cool.gif

I do know that ever since, I do not wear metal-band watches very often, and definitely not when working on vehicles! wink.gif