Original colors

Guest Randy Berger

Guest imported_PackardV8

my 56 Executive transmission which i believe to be an untouched original is painted metalic green same as the engine. The STEEL parts of the trans (dip stick tube, pan etc) are still in nearly perfect condition with good paint. Hoever, the Al case only seems to have a few traces of paint left on it. Painting aluminum is nearly a lost cause unless there is some kind of new jet-age paint that has come out over the last few years that will stick to it.

Guest Albert

My 54's are also painted the same colour as the motor's as well as my frends 55, looks like the complete motor, less accessories (generator/starter/dipsticks/breather/carburator) where painted as a whole with the tranni. have seen though in one service note that the head was to painted red after a valve job. The inside of the fenders are black, behind the grill is black, duct tubes, oil filler, generator, starter, dipstick generator mounting bracket and the underside of the hood are black on my 54's (have 3 54 Patrician,54 Clipper Deluxe & a 54 Clipper Special). The hinges are cad or zinc plated, if you can have them plated Cad as it will last longer, or silver paint works too.