NEED HELP!Original coatings of 392 hemi bolts?!?

Need HELP!

I'm rebuilding a '57 Chrysler IMPERIAL 392 hemi engine. It should be just like when it left the factory in '57. All the original bolts that I'm going to use are rusty/oily/just dirty. What kind of / colored coating did the factory use?

OK, some bolts, like manifold bolts are obviously painted (silver)like the engine, but how about all the generator / ps pump / oil pan / fan / carburetor etc etc . . And what colors are the road draft tube / generator (BLACK?) / ps pump / pulleys etc .

THANKS FOLKS! Hope somebody can this check from his/hers 5000 miles driven '57 Imperial ! Thanks!. .

Mika - The engine head bolts were black Phosphate coated as were nuts/bolts used to fasten things such as exhaust manifolds, water pump, etc. Nuts/bolts used to fasten things such as sheet metal, valve covers, generator adjusting bolts, carburetor, etc were heavily Cadmium plated. Generator, power steering pump were 60% semi gloss black as were pulleys. Before the accessories were installed, the entire engine was painted an aluminum color. Naturally, any bolts used to assemble the long block (head bolts, etc)were painted over...

Thanks Tony. This was the information I was looking for. Got any ideas how the exhaust manifolds were coated? What kind of paint did they use ?

I'm wondering about the sheet metal attaching bolts.. like inner fenders/fenders in engine compartment. You said those were cadmium coated. That's how the usually re-coat them in show cars. But in both of my Imperials ('57&'64) these bolts have ORIGINAL color on them. Same paint used to paint the whole car.

T H A N K S A LOT!

Mika

Mika - When the nuts/bolts were manufactured, they were cad plated. Once they were used they were painted with what ever color was used on what they fastened together, but under the paint they were plated. Exhaust manifolds were painted the same color as the engine, but quickly burned off...

Mika - Painted on whatever got painted...plating exposed on whatever didn't get painted. Whenever accessories were bolted on after painting, such as generator, power steering pump, etc. they were not painted. On things such as body panels and engine sheet metal, such as valve covers, they got painted over...