2 year old gasoline in tank

72 Dodge Dart been sitting for a couple years with 2 year old gasoline in it. Just started it back up, seems to run fine with the old gasoline. Can I just use it up? Can that old gasoline cause any problems that don't seem evident right now?

(used to be plymdodge3972, but can't figure out how to come back on with that one, so started a new screen name)

Hi there! Well....the answer to your question is that yes it will work, and yes it can cause problems. Sediment in the tank, along with condenscation can foul up the fuel lines, filters and engine. You could try putting Dry Gas in to handle any water accumulation but it might be wise to drain the tank and clean it. If you decide not to do that, then only run it down to 1/4 tank, and fill it again. If the tank has not been cleaned in its life time, especially after sitting, I would not let the tank run below a 1/4 tank.

Hope that helps!! By the way, PeterG can re-establish your old ID. I can no longer do that for you or I would set a temporary password which would let you on. If you like the old ID then I would request that. Otherwise have him delete it and use this one.

Thank you!!