Wanted: '54 DeSoto wagon project

Hi there!

Thought I posted this already but it doesn't seem to have gone through, so let's give it another try, shall we? crazy.gif Anyway... I am looking for a 1954 DeSoto station wagon with the 276 Firedome V8(doesn't matter if stuck, will be rebuilding) in solid, restorable condition, and located anywhere in the Pacific NW (I live in Portland, OR) or Northern Cali. Must have minimal rust, but does *NOT* need to have the grille (I've got one!)

Any leads are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Courtney - The grilletooth grrl

• 2 months later...

Are you interested in 1952 Firedome Estate Wagon project? I'll send photos if you are. I live in Wisconsin. The wood in the back is excellant, as is the tailgate.

Mark

• 9 months later...

Courtney: Would you consider a 1953 DeSoto wagon rather than a 1954? As you probably know, the main difference would be the transmission: torque-assisted Tip-Toe Shift semiautomatic on the 1953 vs. Powerflite on the 1954. A fellow club member has one for sale in the Mt. Shasta area of northern California. It has been in storage since the '80s and has some front-floor rust. Don't know the price, but he is motivated due to circumstances. Contact us at pjnrrr@comcast.net.

BTW, Grilletooth Girl, if you or any friends are interested in a nice museum-fresh red-&-black '54 Firedome 4-door sedan, we have one available that we'll be posting separately.

Ron & Jill