1926 radiator removal

Have a 1926 buick that needs the radiator pulled of. anyone here have a mid twenties car that has pulled the radiator off. Seems the Radiator bolt nuts are hidden in the frame and I can not get on them. Also tried to reach the tech advisor for this car and get a this number no longer in service anyone else out there try to reach Tom McAvoy lately??? shocked.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0

I have removed mid-20s radiators and sometimes it takes an extension .The main problem is that many of them are like a stove bolt and the head will spin because of rusty threads. If this is the case, the only alternative I have found is to cut the nut off with either a torch or a chisel. Some you can get at with the torch but most will have to be done the hard way . <P>Good Luck smile.gif" border="0

I have a '24 that has had the radiator removed. I agree with "The Old Guy" (I know it's you, Joe!), that they are hard to reach. Mine is bolted to the upper flange of the frame, but the lower flange prevents access, so you have to get to it from the front or back, with an extension. If necessary, you can also use an electric or pneumatic cut-off tool with a cutting disc to cut the bolt, but don't shave off too much of the frame!<P>Pete Phillips<BR>BCA#7338<BR>Ector, TX.

To remove the radiator on your Buick, you first need to remove the front splash apron in between the frame rails. Then you need to use a 9/16 wrench on the lower nut and top bolt if the nuts and bolts are original. A universal may also be used on the lower nut if necessary. The lower nut can be little difficult to get onto but it can be done without the dreaded smoke wrench that some people recommend. We have two 26 Buicks in our restoration shop right now. I could have your radiator off in twenty minutes if you were closer.