67 Cutlass Supreme Cowl Tag Decoding

Wondering if anyone has more info. than I've been able to find on the cowl tags for our '67 Cutlass Supreme's, specifically option codes.

My trim code = 390-B any info on the "B"?

Paint = S-2 I know the S = champagne any info on the "2"

Next line I have a "W" any info??

My husbands has more

Trim code = 980-C any info on the "C"?

Paint = Y-2 we know the Y = saffron again info on "2"

His has several after that:

Next Line: EF 2E

and bottom: 4F 5Y

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm also interested in any reason why my car with 06A(I believe this means June - 1st week production) LAN 10167 as sequential production number was produced 3 weeks after my husbands 05B(believed May - 2nd week production) LAN 24913, seems odd that in May the plant was at almost 25000 cars but then in June the numbers are only in the low 10Ks?

Regarding the paint code, if you had two letters i think that would mean two colors but regarding the -2 as far as i can see that would mean a black vinyl top; champagne vinyl top -6; and white vinyl top -1. Hope this helps.

Great that confirms the paint code, as in both cars have black vinyl tops, do you have any info as to whether they would be factory or dealer options? Ours have the 2 seams where we've also seen a single seamed vinly top on other 67s, just trying to find out as much as we can about our cars. Thanks for the help!

Glenna

Pat,

Thanks for the tip, I had already been there that's where I got most of my tag info., unfortunately that was as far as anyone there has decoded also so I was hoping I could get further with a wider search. Glenna

I found some info that you may be interested in on the year one website. The site says "ACCESSORY CODES: On 1967-and-earlier models only, there may be accessory codes listed on the data plate. These codes indicate certain options on the car. Some of these codes have been decoded on Chevrolet and Pontiac vehicles, while Buick and Olds are still a mystery. The following types of equipment have been listed on data plates that have been decoded: tinted glass, transmission, console, air conditioning, radio, mirrors, rear defroster, seat belts, and bumper guards. These codes will not appear on 1968-and-later plates." Year one's website. www.yearone.com Hope this helps. Keith