What year is it

I have what I think is a 1928 Dodge Tourer. chassis No.A934110 engine No.1000-118. Rear brakes only. Going on the informatiom that I have it was made in July 1928. But I have been told it should have front brakes Any ideas

Guest imported_RAH

mickgregory,

Lovely car that. It is a very rare Series 128 which accoreding to the serial number would have been built in July of 1927 NOT 1928. It would be considered a '28 series and two wheel brakes would be standard at this time.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

Roger thanks for the info.The reason I thought it was a 1928 is because I have been told that they are dated a year later in Australia. Is this correct? What makes it rare?

Thanks mick

Guest imported_RAH

Mick,

I am not sure about the registrations of those DB's from 'down under'. Many of these, and those in New Zeland, were shipped in as bare chassis and rebodied for tax purposes. Could not see in photo if this was a Dodge Brothers touring body or one crafted by local technicians.

The 'rarity' reference was the fact that most of the '27/'28's were closed cars and not as many tourings were built. Logically few have survived. Hence their rarity. Enjoy your lovely DB!

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley