is the price ok....1969 350

rex362

I have a 1970 cutlass with a 1976 smogger 350.....have a fella selling me a complete 1969 350 with 65k miles on it....he says no noises ..no oil burning or leaks...no surprises....he gaurantees I will like or he will take the engine out and refund all the money....

my question : is $750 a good price...or 2 much..???

Scott ..thanks for the info....he wants 2 sell the trans and engine together...maybe I work on the price a bit...and planning 2 use the th350 I have already

just in case I buy for a lower price...is the jetaway trans sought after or just give it away...??...if its worth $50-$100 I can consider that in the deal making....

thanks...a cutlass beginner here...

I think the jetaway was only used on the 6cyl. But it could have been used behind the low HP V8s. Anyway the jetaway isn't worth anything unless your looking to get your car back to factory specs. The powerglide is used by the drag racers because they can rebore the ports somehow and make it stand up to the power. That can't be done to a jetaway. The 350 isn't worth that. $300.00 tops. If it's a good runner.

I'm confused with these block #s....

a 1969 350 motor....3955582...??? what is the #2 at end????

I also asked the fella selling the engine about the head #s...he said all he can tell me is that the heads are A14....whats that???....told him that the head #s should be longer...he said he will get back to me..anybody know ???

ok...he has come down on price with out the trans...for $300...and gaurantees it will run strong and no noise or oil leaks or oil burning....says the engine only has 62,000 miles on it

here is what I have in #'s...block # 395558-2 heads are # 5

...are #5 heads the desired heads..?? and agian whats up with that last #2 of the block #...??.....isnt that #2 an extra #.....????

1969 motor with # 5 heads with 62k miles ready 2 drop in..for $300...sounds good 2 me....after seeing a few guys selling just #5 heads for over $250...and blocks for $100 and higher....and besides this engine has never been opened up......thanks for all your replies ....