94 Regal Custom 4 door performance upgrades

I am looking for performance parts for a 94 Regal Custom 3800 tuned port. I would like to do everything that I can to it just short of supercharging it. Keep in mind that I am a college student new to the whole upgrade buisness. I already have enough power behind it to put some of the newer cars to shame both in max speed and sometimes acceleration but that is no longer good enough. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks I have already considered the air cleaner but how would I mount the thing. I have looked for new intake manifolds but you were right things do get expensive. New exhaust however is something that I need to look into. Going back to the intake manifold, would I just be able to modify it with a new cold air intake tube on the existing maifold and jerry rig a mounting bracket for it in order to handle an unrestricted air filter? how would I accomodate for the mass air flow sensor? I have not been able to find a cold air intake that will fit on my car and accomodate the sensor at the same time. The exhaust I may be able to handle too but I don't know if I want to screw with the chip yet. Lucky me I have a friend who has his own mechanic and so I can talk to him about some of this stuff too.

• 2 weeks later...

You are pretty limited on mods for the 94. But you might want to check on the www.regalgs.org site as some of the members have modded their pre97 cars.

You also might want to check with some of the 3800 performance vendors, while they deal mostly with the newer cars, I'm sure they could help you on what will work in your year.

A few are www.pfyc.com

www.3800performance.com

www.zzperformance.com

www.intense-racing.com

I hope this helps.