Need to know year of Dodge Brothers Touring Car

I recently purchased a Dodge Brothers Touring car. It is in bad but restorable condition and has no title. I found a number on the cowl - 531980. Will this tell me what year the car is, or do I need more information? It seems to be a 1918,1919, or 1920.

I haven't had a Dodge for 25 years; it was a 1928 Fast Four Fordor sedan. Since then I left the flock for Model T's and A's. So you see, I'm a little rusty on my Dodges.

Jan,

Thanks so much for you information! I kind of thought that it was later than a 1918. The body is pretty rough! Years ago I saw a picture in Cars and Parts of a 1922 Dodge Depot Hack for sale. The car was really neat looking. I've built a Model A Huckster, Stattion Wagon, and a Model T Depot Hack, so I think I could do it. It would save a vehicle that might not get saved. I've kept that picture since 1972!

And no I don't belong to the Dodge Brothers Club. I belong to MTFCA and MARC. If this project really gets going, I will join the Dodge Club. AS you know, it always helps a great deal to be with a group of supportive people.

Thanks you again for your help!

Mike

Guest imported_RAH

Mike,

The number you found on the cowl is the body number and is, for all practical purposes, irrelevant. The car's serial number will be found on top of the frame cross member just ahead of the front seat on the passenger's side. The engine number, found on a boss above the carb., will be approximately 50,000 higher than the serial number. For the record, as of a retroactive report dated '23, the '20 series started at S/N 359391 to 500000. The '21 series started at 500162 to 600000. and the '22 series went from 600885 to 740000. I hope this helps.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

Roger,

I'm having trouble finding the serial number. I have located where it shouls be, but I may have to do some sanding to find it. As soon as I find it, I'll email you for help with the date.

Mike