Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riviera63

Riviera63

13 hours ago, crowvet said:

Hello, I am starting to redo my trunk. I bought a carpet kit with edged floor mat, mat for the spare tire area, and spare carpet for the wheel wheels. I also have the cardboard kit to match my interior. When I try to install the rear panel cardboard, it interferes with the bottom mat laying down properly near the trunk latch area. It also seems as if the rear cardboard just doesn't lay in or fit properly as well. If anyone has done this job, I would appreciate some pointers. 

I purchased a trunk cardboard kit several years ago to install in my 1963. I wanted to (did) apply vinyl to my cardboard. Before I applied the vinyl I did a test fit of the pieces.  I had to do several test fits and trims on the side pieces and the trunk latch piece to get them to fit properly. You may have to do some trimming to get the fit you desire.

Bill

Riviera63

Riviera63

9 hours ago, crowvet said:

Hello, I am starting to redo my trunk. I bought a carpet kit with edged floor mat, mat for the spare tire area, and spare carpet for the wheel wheels. I also have the cardboard kit to match my interior. When I try to install the rear panel cardboard, it interferes with the bottom mat laying down properly near the trunk latch area. It also seems as if the rear cardboard just doesn't lay in or fit properly as well. If anyone has done this job, I would appreciate some pointers. 

I purchased a trunk cardboard kit several years ago to install in my 1963. I wanted to (did) apply vinyl to my cardboard. Before I applied the vinyl I did a test fit of the pieces.  I had to do several test fits and trims on the side pieces and the trunk latch piece to get them to fit. properly. You may have to do some trimming to get the fit you desire.

Bill