Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
TTR

TTR

On 10/4/2024 at 3:28 PM, Zeb said:

Hi, due to a previous owner putting larger self tapping screws in the chrome mouldings that fit to the outer edges of the headliner I now need to replace the insert that they screw into and fit the correct screws. I have never seen this kind of fitment before and was hoping someone could put me straight on:

1, What kind of material is it?

2, Is it bonded in the channel?

3, They have done the same to the rear screen surround and this screws directly into the metal. Does anyone have any tips on reducing the fixing whole other than removing the rear window/headlining then welding the holes and re drilling?

First and with all due respect, I have no idea what exactly you're asking for or referring to with this ^^.

16 hours ago, Zeb said:

20241004_172007.jpg

The interior trim molding (with red arrows on it) appears to be and is likely stainless steel instead of "chrome" plated steel.

Same with headliner bows.

Rear screen/window inside trim moldings (not pictured) in some American production cars of this era (mid-to-late 1950's) were either stainless or chrome plated or painted steel.

As for the trim screws, their holes ("fixing whole" ???) or retainers ("insert" ???) on the body (none pictured), there potentially are variety of options, but without (clearly) seeing what exactly the problem(?) is, any suggestion for correct remedy is just a shot in the dark (as demonstrated by all previous answers).

TTR

TTR

On 10/4/2024 at 3:28 PM, Zeb said:

Hi, due to a previous owner putting larger self tapping screws in the chrome mouldings that fit to the outer edges of the headliner I now need to replace the insert that they screw into and fit the correct screws. I have never seen this kind of fitment before and was hoping someone could put me straight on:

1, What kind of material is it?

2, Is it bonded in the channel?

3, They have done the same to the rear screen surround and this screws directly into the metal. Does anyone have any tips on reducing the fixing whole other than removing the rear window/headlining then welding the holes and re drilling?

First and with all due respect, I have no idea what exactly you're asking for or referring to with this ^^.

16 hours ago, Zeb said:

20241004_172007.jpg

The interior trim molding (with red arrows on it) appears to be and is likely stainless steel instead of "chrome" plated steel.

Same with headliner bows.

Rear screen/window inside trim moldings (not pictured) in some American production cars of this era (mid-to-late 1950's) were either stainless or chrome plated or painted steel.

As for the trim screws, their holes ("fixing whole" ???) or retainers ("insert" ???) on the body (none pictured), there potentially are variety of options, but without (clearly) seeing what exactly the problem(?) is, any suggestion for remedy is just a shot in the dark (as demonstrated by previous answers).