Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Wowabunga

Wowabunga

PENDING Saturday Pickup at my home

Can someone confirm this is a 924 model…? How rare is it..?   I’ve had this in dry storage for 20 years.  When obtained it was missing the computers and faces.  My plan was to source the missing parts or I was planning to fabricate faceplates with vinyl graphics over a metal plate.  I’ve never posted photos nor have asked questions before… are faceplates difficult to source for this model..?

The heavy cast base was broken in 2 spots and they have been welded and look great.  I’m no expert by any means but I have stripped out a few single pumps and looks like most of the hardware for the frame and the outer skin are all here.  The pitting on the chrome is mild.  3 of the 4 glass bulbs are intact.  The rubber gaskets are surprisingly pliable and should be able to reuse.  One big dent on the top hood cover that will easily pop out with some body work magic.  No metal rot anywhere.

I’m taking this to Hershey ( Space GCE45 ) and hope to find a new home for it.  I live 40 minutes south of Carlisle PA.   Is asking $600 a good place to start…?

1 full.jpg

2 back.jpg

4 sides.jpg

8c backside.jpg

9 b.jpg

Wowabunga

Wowabunga

Can someone confirm this is a 924 model…? How rare is it..?   I’ve had this in dry storage for 20 years.  When obtained it was missing the computers and faces.  My plan was to source the missing parts or I was planning to fabricate faceplates with vinyl graphics over a metal plate.  I’ve never posted photos nor have asked questions before… are faceplates difficult to source for this model..?

The heavy cast base was broken in 2 spots and they have been welded and look great.  I’m no expert by any means but I have stripped out a few single pumps and looks like most of the hardware for the frame and the outer skin are all here.  The pitting on the chrome is mild.  3 of the 4 glass bulbs are intact.  The rubber gaskets are surprisingly pliable and should be able to reuse.  One big dent on the top hood cover that will easily pop out with some body work magic.  No metal rot anywhere.

I’m taking this to Hershey ( Space GCE45 ) and hope to find a new home for it.  I live 40 minutes south of Carlisle PA.   Is asking $600 a good place to start…?

1 full.jpg

2 back.jpg

4 sides.jpg

8c backside.jpg

9 b.jpg

Wowabunga

Wowabunga

The heavy cast base was broken in 2 spots and they have been welded and look great.  I’m no expert by any means but I have stripped out a few single pumps and looks like most of the hardware for the frame and the outer skin are all here.  The pitting on the chrome is mild.  3 of the 4 glass bulbs are intact.  The rubber gaskets are surprisingly pliable and should be able to reuse. 

1 full.jpg

2 back.jpg

4 sides.jpg

8c backside.jpg

9 b.jpg

Wowabunga

Wowabunga

The heavy cast base was broken in 2 spots and they have been welded and look great.  I’m no expert by any means but I have stripped out a few single pumps and looks like most of the hardware for the frame and the outer skin are all here.  The pitting on the chrome is mild.  3 of the 4 glass bulbs are intact.  The rubber gaskets are surprisingly pliable and should be able to reuse. 

1 full.jpg

2 back.jpg

4 sides.jpg

8c backside.jpg

9 b.jpg

Wowabunga

Wowabunga

I’m taking this to Hershey ( Space GCE45 ) and hope to find a new home for it.  I live 40 minutes south of Carlisle PA.   Is asking $400 a good place to start…?

1 full.jpg

2 back.jpg

4 sides.jpg

8c backside.jpg

9 b.jpg

Wowabunga

Wowabunga

1 full.jpg

2 back.jpg

4 sides.jpg

8c backside.jpg

9 b.jpg

Wowabunga

Wowabunga

1 full.jpg

2 back.jpg

4 sides.jpg

8c backside.jpg

9 b.jpg