Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
60FlatTop

60FlatTop

22 hours ago, Trulyvintage said:

90% of the time they are expecting

transport below the cost

of equipment operation …

As low as

$0.15 a mile in some cases.

15 cents a mile is a hoot, but I get together with some old guys for coffee and the things they say sometimes seems to come from an AI generated sitcom script. And they believe it.

I have never been called frugal. Why, I don't even eat the packaged condiments when I am sitting right there inside a restaurant! And I can't recall ever owning a "hard earned dollar", but I do have a pretty good handle on price and value. I have brought one vehicle home myself in this century. That was a running, driving, licensed truck 300 miles away.

If you start adding up the costs of fuel, lodging, and food it is pretty hard to beat transporting a vehicle. The farther away, the better the deal.

I had a $3,000 project car shipped from Seattle to western, New York back about 2008 for $1700. That will never happen again, for sure but my timing was just right. $4,400 total, parked in my garage.

The IRS allows 60 cents per mile this year, 40 cents if you are being charitable. That is what they call cost. A business working with the thirds rule is going to be + overhead, + profit. I bought a late model car on the Maryland border in Pennsylvania that was about a 6 hour drive from me. Something like $425 got it in my driveway. I couldn't have done it myself for that.

Gas prices are down now so my Avalanche costs under 20 cents a mile to drive. I have a feel and a comfort for current prices. I figure it is because I am lucky enough to be active and participating.

Back to the pricing, come on over, point to anything you see. I will give you a price in a second.

60FlatTop

60FlatTop

22 hours ago, Trulyvintage said:

transport below the cost

of equipment operation …

As low as

15 cents a mile is a hoot, but I get together with some old guys for coffee and the things they say sometimes seems to come from an AI generated sitcom script. And they believe it.

I have never been called frugal. Why, I don't even eat the packaged condiments when I am sitting right there inside a restaurant! And I can't recall ever owning a "hard earned dollar", but I do have a pretty good handle on price and value. I have brought one vehicle home myself in this century. That was a running, driving, licensed truck 300 miles away.

If you start adding up the costs of fuel, lodging, and food it is pretty hard to beat transporting a vehicle. The farther away, the better the deal.

I had a $3,000 project car shipped from Seattle to western, New York back about 2008 for $1700. That will never happen again, for sure but my timing was just right. $4,400 total, parked in my garage.

The IRS allows 60 cents per mile this year, 40 cents if you are being charitable. That is what they call cost. A business working with the thirds rule is going to be + overhead, + profit. I bought a late model car on the Maryland border in Pennsylvania that was about a 6 hour drive from me. Something like $425 got it in my driveway. I couldn't have done it myself for that.

Gas prices are down now so my Avalanche costs under 20 cents a mile to drive. I have a feel and a comfort for current prices. I figure it is because I am lucky enough to be actice and participating.

Back to the pricing, come on over, point to anything you see. I will give you a price in a second.

60FlatTop

60FlatTop

20 hours ago, Trulyvintage said:

transport below the cost

of equipment operation …

As low as

I have never been called frugal. Why, I don't even ear the packaged condiments when I am sitting right there inside a restaurant! And I can't recall ever owning a "hard earned dollar", but I do have a pretty good handle on price and value. I have brought one vehicle home myself in this century. That was a running, driving, licensed truck 300 miles away.

Gas prices are down now so my Avalanche costs under 20 cents a mile to drive. I have a feel and a comfort for current prices. I figure it is because I am lucky enough to be actice and participating.