Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Mark Shaw

Mark Shaw

16 minutes ago, Dr B said:

cars from the 20s, 30s, and 40s are only driven on average 60-80 miles per year!

This is no surprise to me.  Unlike the HCCA, the majority of car clubs do not promote touring in old cars.  I used to drive my 1913 Buick about a thousand miles on several organized National & regional HCCA tours each year.  But, like many collectors with multiple cars, each car gets driven less as their collection gets larger.  

However, I believe most other car clubs tend to do car shows rather than touring.  I have been asked many times to bring my authentically restored prewar cars to judged car shows.  But I am not interested in trophies, and I think sitting all day at a car show is one of the most boring things to do with collector cars.  

Mark Shaw

Mark Shaw

2 minutes ago, Dr B said:

cars from the 20s, 30s, and 40s are only driven on average 60-80 miles per year!

This is no surprise to me.  Unlike the HCCA, the majority of car clubs do not promote touring in old cars.  I used to drive my 1913 Buick about a thousand miles every year on several organized National & regional HCCA tours each year.  But, like many collectors with multiple cars, each car gets driven less as their collection gets larger.  

However, I believe most other car clubs tend to do car shows rather than touring.  I have been asked many times to bring my authentically restored prewar cars to judged car shows.  But I am not interested in trophies, and I think sitting all day at a car show is one of the most boring things to do with collector cars.