Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Frank DuVal

Frank DuVal

A device with windings that makes motive power from an electric current is an electric motor. 😉

When I was an Engineering student the schematic of an Owen Magnetic was in one of the reference books in the library. Very interesting!👍

I shall quote Wikipedia, who quoted Harry B. Lent:

The drive mechanism had no direct connection between the engine and the rear wheels. Instead of a flywheel, a generator and a horseshoe shaped magnet were attached to the rear of the engine's crank shaft. On the forward end of the car's drive shaft, was an electric motor with an armature fitted into an air space inside the whirling magnet. Electric current, transmitted by the engine's generator and magnet attached to the armature of the electrical motor, providing the energy to turn the drive shaft and propel the engine's rear wheels. Speed for the car was controlled by a small lever adjacent to the steering wheel.

Frank DuVal

Frank DuVal

A device with windings that makes motive power from an electric current is an electric motor. 😉

When I was an Engineering student the schematic of an Owen Magnetic was in one of the reference books in the library. Very interesting!👍