Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
JV Puleo

JV Puleo

Very interesting...your results don't seem to agree in some aspects with the impression you might get by reading this forum. Overall, I think it's encouraging. One aspect that hasn't been touched is what percentage of the under 25's or perhaps 30's would be involved in pre-war cars were they not effectively priced out of the market. There are some very clever and innovative younger people out there who would be able to restore an early car were they encouraged to do so. I have such a friend...very capable and a self-taught machinist and blacksmith although his day job is writing software. It's anecdotal evidence but perhaps worth considering. If I were just starting I think reading this forum would be very discouraging...the constant refrain is "you'll be underwater in no time". Well, that's true but we should be promoting old cars as a worthwhile earning experience...not as a money-making enterprise.

JV Puleo

JV Puleo

Very interesting...you results don't seem to agree in some aspects with the impression you might get by reading this forum. Overall, I think it's encouraging. One aspect that hasn't been touched is what percentage of the under 25's or perhaps 30's would be involved in pre-war cars were they not effectively priced out of the market. There are some very clever and innovative younger people out there who would be able to restore an early car were they encouraged to do so. I have such a friend...very capable and a self-taught machinist and blacksmith although his day job is writing software. It's anecdotal evidence but perhaps worth considering. If I were just starting I think reading this forum would be very discouraging...the constant refrain is "you'll be underwater in no time". Well, that's true but we should be promoting old cars as a worthwhile earning experience...not as a money-making enterprise.