Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
OldChargerGuy

OldChargerGuy

update information

The 1968 Carter 4640 carburetor is installed and the car is running in the shop. It's being tweaked carefully, then we'll move onto the loud exhaust problem. 

A 1968 Carter AVS 4640s has been acquired and is currently being refurbished/rebuilt by a carburetor genius that has refurbished three other carbs for my humble collection. Thank you, my friends on the wire. I love this forum. 

Application is a 1968 Imperial Crown with a very fussy Holley carburetor. Converting to a Carter AFB for their reliability (my '66 Charger always starts without any drama). A capacity of around 850 CFM has been recommended.

Advice on this conversion is welcome . . . 

What to expect with fuel line and linkage changes?

Will my stock air cleaner fit on the Carter? 

OldChargerGuy

OldChargerGuy

A 1968 Carter AVS 4640s has been acquired and is currently being refurbished/rebuilt by a carburetor genius that has refurbished three other carbs for my humble collection. Thank you, my friends on the wire. I love this forum. 

Application is a 1968 Imperial Crown with a very fussy Holley carburetor. Converting to a Carter AFB for their reliability (my '66 Charger always starts without any drama). A capacity of around 850 CFM has been recommended.

Advice on this conversion is welcome . . . 

What to expect with fuel line and linkage changes?

Will my stock air cleaner fit on the Carter?