Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
carbking

carbking

It is impossible to identify the front carb (Carter) from the posted information; if you will get the number on one of the metering rods, perhaps I can get close.

The Stromberg carb posted is number 7-43, which is correct for a rear carb on the 1941 series 40 and series 50. The "A" following the 7-43 simply means the carburetor has evolved through a minor engineering change.

The matching Stromberg front carb would be a 7-42.

The car should run fairly well up to a certain RPM ON THE FRONT CARB ONLY. Check my previous post.

As the rear carb is basically a dumper carb, you MIGHT get by. And, you might not. Compare the cost of either of the carburetors to the cost of rebuilding an engine.

EDIT: And just for grins, check out Ebay 365150976235

Jon

carbking

carbking

It is impossible to identify the front carb (Carter) from the posted information; if you will get the number on one of the metering rods, perhaps I can get close.

The Stromberg carb posted is number 7-43, which is correct for a rear carb on the 1941 series 40 and series 50. The "A" following the 7-43 simply means the carburetor has evolved through a minor engineering change.

The matching Stromberg front carb would be a 7-42.

The car should run fairly well up to a certain RPM ON THE FRONT CARB ONLY. Check my previous post.

As the rear carb is basically a dumper carb, you MIGHT get by. And, you might not. Compare the cost of either of the carburetors to the cost of rebuilding an engine.

Jon