Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Aaron65

Aaron65

The tips are the worst part. From what I can see, there is some wear but probably not too far from normal for an engine with some miles. I'd clean them up to see how much is carbon. It's actually never a bad idea to disassemble the whole thing and clean it up with a gun cleaning kit.

I'd say the shaft wear is not bad and the rocker arm bores show some wear but it doesn't look bad enough to worry about yet, in my opinion. 

Personally, I don't think much noise would come from that assembly based on what I'm seeing. It's not perfect, but few used engines are.

Aaron65

Aaron65

The tips are the worst part. From what I can see, there is some wear but probably not too far from normal for an engine with some miles. I'd clean them up to see how much is carbon.

I'd say the shaft wear is not bad and the rocker arm bores show some wear but it doesn't look bad enough to worry about yet, in my opinion. 

Personally, I don't think much noise would come from that assembly based on what I'm seeing. It's not perfect, but few used engines are.

Aaron65

Aaron65

It's a bit hard to see the tips in the photos. From what I can see, there is some wear but probably normal for an engine with some miles. I'd say the shaft wear is not bad and the rocker arm bores show some wear but it doesn't look bad enough to worry about yet, in my opinion. Try cleaning up the tips to see what they look like. 

Aaron65

Aaron65

It's a bit hard to see the tips in the photos. From what I can see, there is some wear but probably normal for an engine with some miles. I'd say the shaft wear is not bad and the rocker arm bores show some wear but it doesn't look bad enough to worry about yet, in my opinion. Try cleaning up the tips to see what they look like. 

Aaron65

Aaron65

It's a bit hard to see the tips in the photos. From what I can see, there is some wear but probably normal for an engine with some miles. I'd say the shaft wear is not bad and the rocker arms bores show some wear but it doesn't look bad enough to worry about, in my opinion. Try cleaning up the tips to see what they look like.