Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
95Cardinal

95Cardinal

Added comment

Took the car out for a short test ride yesterday and it performed much better than before. It wasn't idling smoothly, but when I removed the air cleaner lid and element, the rpm dropped and it nearly stalled. I figured it must be too lean, so I richened the idle mixture screws to maximize idle speed and it seems much happier. I was able to back off the curb idle quite a bit and it's running much smoother. I still need to verify ignition timing.

I drove it to the local gas station and filled it, then drove it about 4 miles at speeds up to 50 mph. It's not perfect yet, but it's drivable. It still has what sounds like an occasional miss at idle, so I will be digging into that soon.

I'll post a driving video next week. 🙏

95Cardinal

95Cardinal

Took the car out for a short test ride yesterday and it performed much better than before. It wasn't idling smoothly, but when I removed the air cleaner lid and element, the rom dropped and it nearly stalled. I figured it must be too lean, so I gave each idle screw about 1/2 a turn and it seems much happier 

I drove it to the local gas station and filled it, then drove it about 4 miles at speeds up to 50 mph. It's not perfect yet, but it's drivable. Still has an occasional miss at idle, so I will be digging into that soon.

I'll post a driving video next week. 🙏