Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
dalef62

dalef62

I have a 1929 Hupmobile 2 brush generator(correction it is a 3 brush generator)that refuses to charge.  I have checked the fuses and the brushes look good.  It was charging good a year ago and then when I went to get it out last year it was not charging.  

I put a test light on the cutout on the battery side and I have power.  I also replaced the cutout last year thinking it was the cutout, but no change.  I took the cover off the cutout and closed the points and no change.  Everything looks in order as far as the brushes, armature, wiring, etc.  How can I test the generator on the car?

Do I need to flash the generator, if so how on a two brush generator?  

IMG_20200905_130324.jpg

dalef62

dalef62

I have a 1929 Hupmobile 2 brush generator(correction it is a 3 brush generator)that refuses to charge.  I have checked the fuses and the brushes look good.  It was charging good a year ago and then when I went to get it out last year it was not charging.  

I put a test light on the cutout on the battery side and I have power.  I also replaced the cutout last year thinking it was the cutout, but no change.  I took the cover off the cutout and closed the points and no change.  Everything looks in order as far as the brushes, armature, wiring, etc.  How can I test the generator on the car?

Do I need to flash the generator, if so how on a two brush generator?  

IMG_20200905_130324.jpg