Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
XframeFX

XframeFX

On 9/30/2024 at 8:15 AM, carbking said:

I personally believe it is a combination of the two.

That is Art and Science.

Would troubleshooting be the science part?

It took me a while to realize most of my symptoms were while idling. I could have it in PARK, get out, walk around, raise the hood and measure vacuum, check timing. This is on the carburetor's Idle Circuit. How complicated could that be?

Driving, I could not walk around and check the tailpipes for water, smell and raise the hood.

Except for fuel consumption, my Riviera drove fine.

If I had instrumented my Nailhead with a data logger, indications would be all good.

An aftermarket throttlebody FI would have an App displaying realtime data, trend data, like a data logger. Nice!

A 4BBL Carburetor has 3 circuits, Idle, Primary, Secondary.

Again, how complicated could an Idle circuit be? The original AFB was not my problem.

XframeFX

XframeFX

On 9/30/2024 at 8:15 AM, carbking said:

I personally believe it is a combination of the two.

That is Art and Science.

Would troubleshooting be the science part?

It took me a while to realize most of my symptoms were while idling. I could have it in PARK, get out, walk around, raise the hood and measure vacuum, check timing. This is on the carburetor's Idle Circuit. How complicated could that be?

Driving, I could not walk aroind and check the tailpipes for water, smell and raise the hood.

Except for fuel consumption, my Riviera drove fine.

If I had instrumented my Nailhead with a data logger, indications would be all good.

An aftermarket throttlebody FI would have an App displaying realtime data, trend data, like a data logger. Nice!

A 4BBL Carburetor has 3 circuits, Idle, Primary, Secondary.

Again, how complicated could an Idle circuit be? The AFB was not my problem.