Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
30DodgePanel

30DodgePanel

Yet another dash on a Packet. Note this is from a first edition Aug 1928 Instruction Manual for the 1/2 ton Packet. 

I'm only posting it to show there were indeed other variations of the dash board layout. BTW, there are ways of tracing down the approximate dates for those changes if you'd like to know. Commercial Car Journals and other period literature good tools for finding out what month those changes may have occurred. As you know, the changes in the early days were constant and random. I love the research so it's a lot of fun for me. I'm still in the process of hunting down when those changes may have occurred but we're talking about a 4 years window times a minimum or 12 monthly issues, sometimes weekly issues of those publications so you can imagine the time it takes to find those answers. I'm still working a fulltime job so I'll certainly continue searching as I get time. More to come...

As I mentioned in a previous PM, a few years ago I had the opportunity to purchase a Clipper Instruction Book. I passed on it at the time, but now I really wished I would have purchased it. I'd venture to say someone on the AACA forums purchased that book, so maybe start a thread asking for photos of the dash of a Clipper from that Instruction Book? Just a thought, but if you can find someone who owns that Clipper manual it may be more help to you than any of us can offer as we're simply trying our best to "fill in the blanks" the best we can.

IMG_6504.jpeg

30DodgePanel

30DodgePanel

Yet another dash on a Packet. Note this is from a first edition Aug 1928 Instruction Manual for the 1/2 ton Packet. 

I'm only posting it to show there were indeed other variations of the dash board layout.

As I mentioned in a previous PM, a few years ago I had the opportunity to purchase a Clipper Instruction Book. I passed on it at the time, but now I really wished I would have purchased it. I'd venture to say someone on the AACA forums purchased that book, so maybe start a thread asking for photos of the dash of a Clipper from that Instruction Book? Just a thought, but if you can find someone who owns that Clipper manual it may be more help to you than any of us can offer as we're simply trying our best to "fill in the blanks" the best we can.

IMG_6504.jpeg

30DodgePanel

30DodgePanel

I'm only posting it to show there were indeed other variations of the dash board layout.

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to purchase a Clipper Instruction Manual. I passed on it at the time, but now I really wished I would have purchased it. I'd venture to say someone on the AACA forums purchased that book, so maybe start a thread asking for photos of the dash of a Clipper from that Instruction Book? Just a thought, but if you can find someone who owns a Clipper manual it may be more help to you than any of us can offer as we're simply trying our best to "fill in the blanks" the best we can.

IMG_6504.jpeg

30DodgePanel

30DodgePanel

IMG_6504.jpeg

30DodgePanel

30DodgePanel