Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
30DodgePanel

30DodgePanel

17 hours ago, Jack Bennett said:

although my old Fargo has some rather exotic mounts on each end of the spring pile up, I can find no indication there was ever shocks on the truck.

Am I reading this wrong, or is the shock absorbers built into the rather decorative, and extremely over built spring shackles?

I doubt you'll find anything like a modern shock that we're used to seeing.

It's hard to tell, but I believe those are the lovejoy shock absorbers in the photo below. I've not studied the early lovejoys, but found several styles when doing a google search.

Maybe try to get us a few close-up photos (inside and out of any connection points or connecting arms or how it ties into the springs) with a bit more clarity to confirm? They probably have a manufacturers name, makers mark or part # for even further clarification in case you ever need to know.

And again (another new discovery for the memory ;)), the frame will be 6" x 2 1/2" flanges (I believe these are also called the top rails of the frame seen in photo below), and there should also be five cross members. This is all assuming of course that it's a original unaltered Clipper frame. 

image.png.b4c1412804563d4c0bb610dfaf755658.png

Here is the article snippet with description. I'm only posting it again so you don't have to search everywhere for the article while trying to compare with the photo. Also makes it easier for the reader to follow along.

image.png.1529bc08d92f1e2562b2471c911b0340.png

If you took any pictures of your frame while the body was off, it might be worth it to find that photo and count the crossmembers.

30DodgePanel

30DodgePanel

although my old Fargo has some rather exotic mounts on each end of the spring pile up, I can find no indication there was ever shocks on the truck.

Am I reading this wrong, or is the shock absorbers built into the rather decorative, and extremely over built spring shackles?

It's hard to tell, but I believe those are the lovejoy shock absorbers in the photo below. I've not studied the early lovejoys, but found several styles when doing a google search.

Maybe try to get us a few close-up photos (inside and out of any connection points or connecting arms or how it ties into the springs) with a bit more clarity to confirm? They probably have a manufacturers name, makers mark or part # for even further clarification in case you ever need to know.

And again (another new discovery for the memory ;)), the frame will be 6" x 2 1/2" flanges (I believe these are also called the top rails of the frame seen in photo below), and there should also be five cross members. This is all assuming of course that it's a original unaltered Clipper frame. 

Here is the article snippet with description. I'm only posting it again so you don't have to search everywhere for the article while trying to compare with the photo. Also, it makes it easier for the reader to follow along.

If you took any pictures of your frame while the body was off, it might be worth it to find that photo and count the crossmembers.

30DodgePanel

30DodgePanel

Here is the article snippet with description. I'm only posting it again so you don't have to search everywhere for the article while trying to compare with the photo. Also, it makes it easier for the reader to follow along.

30DodgePanel

30DodgePanel

It's hard to tell in the photo, but I believe those are the lovejoy shock absorbers in the photo below. I've not studied the early lovejoys, but found several styles when doing a google search.

30DodgePanel

30DodgePanel

It's hard to tell in the photo, but I believe those are the lovejoy shock absorbers in the photo below. I've not studied the early lovejoys but know there are several styles when doing a google search.

Maybe try to get us a few upclose photos (inside and out of any connection points or connecting arms or how it ties into the springs) with a bit more clarity to confirm? They probably have a manufacturers name, makers mark or part # for even further clarification in case you ever need to know.

30DodgePanel

30DodgePanel

16 hours ago, Jack Bennett said:

Hard to tell in the photo, but I believe those are the lovejoy shock absorbers in the photo below. 

Maybe try to get us a few upclose photos (inside and out of any connection points or connecting arms or how it ties into the springs) with a bit more clarity to confirm? They probably have a manufacturers name, makers mark or part # for even further clarification in case you ever need to know.

30DodgePanel

30DodgePanel

15 hours ago, Jack Bennett said:

Hard to tell in the photo, but I believe those are the lovejoy shock absorbers in the photo below. 

Maybe try to get us a few upclose photos (inside out any connection points, or arms) with a bit more clarity to confirm?

They probably have a manufacturers name, makers mark or part # for even further clarification in case you ever need to know.