"Not Mine" for high rollers only?

10 hours ago, Rivguy said:

I looked in the current Antique Auto magazine and there was a welcome announcement.  Vehicles from 1999 are now twenty five years old and are considered to be antiques! When I was buying 50's and '60's cars back in the '70's they were just cheap old cars. There were lots of nice ones available at the time. Cars from the '80's and early 90's are now the cheap old cars, and there are lots of nice ones still available. The question is: "Do you want one?"  All of those cars that I bought back in the '70's are pretty  expensive now. I do a lot of complaining, but I've just moved on to those newer old cars.  I've had the '50's/'60's  cars already, and don't think that I want to go back. I've got a '96 and a '97. I also have an '05 and an '06. These were cars that I liked when they were new. Now I get to own several cars that I can afford and they are all " nice ones."

For me it's the opposite. I've owned the 80's and 90's ones, not because I wanted too, but because I had too. Are they better then their predessor in many ways? Yes. Would i want them over their predessor? Hell no. Too many bells and whistles to break, and they are start to look to same around that era.