History and Specifications of Each 1942 Make

I just dug out of an old box, retrieved from my grandfather's attic years ago, the October 1942 issue of Motor Magazine. Among numerous interesting adds and articles there is one feature that could help someone looking for original prices and specifications.<P>Included in the article are charts showing the year, model name or number, price, weight, number of cylinders, bore and stroke, displacement, maximum horsepower, tire size and wheel base. The makes include Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Crosley, De Soto, Dodge, Ford, Hudson, Lincoln, Mercury, Nash, Oldsmobile, Packard, Plymouth, Pontiac, Studebaker and Willys from the beginning of production to 1942. <P>This information may all be common knowlege to you pre-war enthusiasts but in case there may be something here you might want to know or confirm I will be glad to provide what is listed. I will even photo copy the chart(s)and articles of interest and send them to you if you wish. Each make has a few paragraphs on the history with some good photos of some of the cars.<P>Let me know if you are interested.<P>Regards,<BR>Jim <p>[This message has been edited by jezac (edited 11-01-2000).]