New source of old parts

Jack Bennett

Recently, they opened a new Habitat for Humanity store here in Lakewood, Washington.

I did buy some stuff at the old store, before it closed, buy I associated it more with furniture and appliances than old car stuff.

Last week I had a few spare minutes and used them to peruse the new store with stuff to use on my newly acquired 29 Fargo panel reanimation project.

To my pleasant surprise they have a abundance of nuts, bolts, screws, latches, hinges, and a lot of other stuff that can be used on my truck.

In addition, I need to replace every piece of wood which makes up the body of the truck, and they have a lot of old furniture made of some really nice oak and other exotic wood I need for the body and trim.

Habitat for Humanity has a colored tag sale which discounts sale items at 25, 50 and 75 percent of the marked sale price as well as offering a 10% military, and a 10% senior discount. This really helps when you buy several pounds of nuts, bolts, screws and washers at, I think, $1.28 a pound.

I was most pleased to find a sufficient quantity of the long stove bolts I need to restore the heavy pieces of the bed at a fair price.

This store may not fulfill every need of a person restoring a old car on a budget, but I suggest you try it before you are priced out of your hobby.

Jack

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1