dynaflow and fueleconomy

Guest nailswede

Guest nailswede

My question is what you people has for experience with the dynaflowtranny and how much more fuel the engine wants with it then for example ST400?..as you might guess its a difference in fueleconomy in the 2 401 powered cars you se further down in this post.. shocked.gif" border="0

Anders ~ '55 Century w/Dynaflow 17 MPH on the highway during a recent 3970 mile trip. I don't know if you are looking for a comparison with this early a Dynaflow.<P>hvs

Guest nailswede

hvs. i just think that the dynaflowtranny steels more energy then later trannys...there must be some reason they stoped making them!? no tranny can run smother then a dynaflow..but what i've heard (and noticed myself) is that cars with it takes more fuel...especialy when i towing my caravan after the wildcat the costs became horrible...right now i'm thinking of making my electra able to tow frown.gif" border="0

Anders ~ I don't think I would want to tow behind my early dynaflow. It may be OK to do it, but the idea scares me. I'm probably wrong, but I feel that there is just too much slippage in there to be a good towing transmission.<P>Any of you dynaflow experts want to correct my impression of the trans or add something?