324 lifters jumping too high??

Guest imported_pete324rock

Guest imported_pete324rock

I was checking my rocker shafts for wear(324 olds) and stupidly pulled a lifter out of its bore so I had to remove the intake.I noticed when I got below that a couple of the lifters were showing wear like they were rising above higher than the cam could possibly lift them.I had been having some trouble with rough idle and noisy lifters-engine is not that old from rebuild and is real clean-and the wear indicates almost 3/16 difference in rise from the the others which are consistant-I'm thinking maybe a collapsed lifter would jump higher or unlikely a really weak spring or maybe a sticking valve but remember, the wear is higher than the cam normally takes it-and this is looking at the bottom of the lifter as it rides in the web or housing-whatever you want to call it-and no abnormal cam wear thank god cause its new-not like the sad one before it. Any thoughts appreciated.And does anybody know the assembled valve height for that motor. thanks....pete324rock ...oh yeah..why does some rockers have extra oil pee holes and some do not towards the valve..different year maybe?