Reatta convertible/T-shirt on E-bay

NYBobP

If you've been reading the threads regarding the Reatta t-shirt (see attach) purchased on e-bay, I've discovered some interesting info about the shirt and who designed it. I thought it might be Molly Sanders who designed the Buick Grand National, the Lexus logo, The Yamahauler, custom Toyota kits and a lot of other pretty cool things. This looked like something he would have done, so I called him and asked if it was his design. I got to know him back when Buick was at Flint, and saw him recently at a program we were doing for Kawasaki, so I knew he was still around.. He didn't remember doing a Reatta shirt, but he had someone still working for him that was with him in 1990 and would ask her. She remembered. It was his artwork.

Molly said he would look through his old stuff, and if he still has the artwork he would send it so it could be re-reproduced. If not, it would have to be scanned, tweaked, and reworked.

If he finds the artwork, it would make the cost for reprinting the shirts affordable and I would pass it along to anyone who wants to use it. The shirt was a great piece of work.

Guest Geoff Meador

I don't know if my previous offer (first thread) was intentionally ignored or simply missed, so I'll only say it one more time.

If Molly can't find the original artwork, I would be happy to "scan, tweak and rework" the artwork from the existing shirt.

Sounds like the shop will charge you an arm and leg for that process, since you indicated it would be cost prohibitive. As a Reatta owner and graphic artist, I would be more than willing to assist.

Ya'll can definitely count me in on this one! 2 Large @ least. I also like Nic's idea from the last post on-T-shirt on Ebay-(Dale has a decent idea also in that different shirt designs (polo with collar, etc.) would be nice.....The design warrants a more expensive style shirt to be honest).

Lets get this rolling A.S.A.P.

Sorry to miss your post Geoff. The place I went to wanted $300 for a new master. Our own scanners don't go that big for something that large. Was thinking about using Kinko's big scanners and then taking it to our own graphics dept for retouching. However, I really feel that Molly will try to find his original and will keep in touch with him. Thanks.